Sunday, March 3, 2013

a long winding road.



The first week of holidays is coming to an end, and well, i got to say, it was one hell of a ride.
It has been a mash of fun, warmth, love, and lastly, realization.
Fun was pretty much involved with the presence of 06, and of course, the fact that the exams are finally over.
Accompaniment with 06 was definitely nice. It's like we've known each other close to a year already, but it feels as though we know each other for really really long.
& what i really like about my class is that i can be just simply myself with them, joking, and playing around.
It just feels so carefree. Pardon me for the lack of humility, but I always try my best to be truthful to myself, and 06 is not fully the reason why I feel happier nowadays, they are just a part of it.
But please don't misunderstand that i don't appreciate them, it's just that I've learn to stop being trapped with my past, and decided to move to the present.
It might sound really easy and simple, and it might sound confusing to move to the present, and not the future. & I guess some might wonder what exactly do i mean.
Truthfully, I ain't sure what my future will be like now. But i'm sure that for the past few months, I'm not facing what is happening in the present.
& all thanks to that 1 sleepless nights, and countless of thoughts, I've thought it through.
& that's where realization kicks in.
It was hard and painful, but i guess it's for the better of both of us.
Even though i hated it, but my actions are affecting you.
& trust me, that's the least i want to do, and so, I've decided to do something that i didn't want to do, which is to move on. ):
The tears have already dried up a half a year ago. But i'll be lying if i say i can move on completely.
& like I've always said, I'll just go with the flow.
When I'm needed, I'll be there for you, always.

The whole house feels really different during the holidays, it's filled with more warmth and love for sure.
I'm really in love with all those lunch dates with my mum, and sister. & to have dinner with my dad, or to just sit on the sofa with him watching tv.
It just adds on a really special feeling to holidays, which cannot be felt when I was busy studying or clearing projects during school term.
Sometimes i really wonder, in the midst of us fighting for what we want in school or even in work, has our priorities shifted in a wrong direction?
Of course it's important to fight and achieve your goals, especially to me as I'm really a competitive person.
But is it time for us to re-think about our priorities, before we lose the chance to do things that we want to do?
Is there anything bigger and more important than a simple act of spending time with our families
Perhaps, it's time for all of us to stop our hasty footsteps, and take a look at what's happening around us. Our parents are getting old, as we're growing up. As we grow taller, and advance further in our lives, there are more strands of white hair on our parents' head.
Let's all just spend a little more time with them, make them happy, and fulfill our duties as their children.
& love them the way they have always love us.

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another."
- Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment